Alpine Formula 1 drivers Fernando Alonso and Esteban Ocon will take part in a parade before the 24 Hours of Le Mans this Saturday 21 August.
Two-time F1 champion, Le Mans winner (2), and WEC Super-Season champion Fernando Alonso will drive an Alpine Formula 1 car this Saturday before the 89th Le Mans 24 Hours.
He will lead a full parade lap around the Circuit de la Sarthe ahead of a convoy of Alpine’s other recent motorsport racers, with recent Hungarian Grand Prix winner in an Alpine A110 GT4 car.
The Formula 1 car in question has not been named, but is likely to be a re-badged RS19 or RS20 in the Alpine livery.
Alpine Elf Matmut’s A480 Gibson, which will race at the 24 Hours of Le Mans this weekend in the Hypercar class, will not take part in this parade lap.
- Alonso is defying the theory on aging drivers
- WEC Preview: 24 Hours of Le Mans – Hypercar and LMP2
- A Beginner’s Guide to the 24 Hours of Le Mans
However, the A470 Gibson which won Le Mans (LMP2) twice during the 2018-19 WEC Super-Season will take part; 2019 winner Pierre Thiriet will take the wheel.
Alpine CEO Laurent Rossi will drive in the parade lap in an A110 S roadcar.
Here is the list of participants for this event at 1.10pm BST (2.10pm Le Mans time):
- Fernando Alonso, F1 driver, two-time 24 Hours of Le Mans winner and WEC champion – Alpine F1
- Esteban Ocon, F1 driver, France’s latest Grand Prix winner (Hungary, 2021) – Alpine A110 GT4
- Pierre Thiriet, 24 Hours of Le Mans LMP2 winner in 2019 – Alpine A470 LMP2
- Manu Guigou, FIA R-GT Cup winner at the 2021 Monte-Carlo Rally – Alpine A110 Rally
- Nicolas Longuet, Alpine eSports Team driver – Alpine A110 S
- Lilou Wadoux, currently second in the Alpine Elf Europa Cup, leading the Junior category – Alpine A110 S
- Laurent Rossi, Alpine CEO – Alpine A110 S